Thursday, May 7, 2015

Latest happenings at my home....plus a decorating craft idea!

If  you can remember from back in 2014 when I introduced my family, there was not a picture of me nor my hubby. (http://www.thehomeschoolhelpers.blogspot.com/2014/12/introducing-lynne-and-her-family.html)

Well, good news....I got a new camera! I just don't know how to get the pictures from the camera onto the computer yet. A techie I am not! This will be figured out soon and I will post some for the blog world to see. I'll even include some "what is happening around the ole homestead" pictures.

Joel is now a homeschool graduate. He is excited about his future! And boy, I am excited about some things I will be getting further involved with too!!

Since my children are older, we don't sit around doing artsy, paper crafts anymore. So in order to put an idea on here, I went searching over the internet. Shoe box crafts is what I came up with.

Shoe boxes may or may not be something that you have on hand. If you don't have any, you could use cereal boxes, mac and cheese boxes or any box that you have. An amazon box would work. It would just need to be cut down a bit.

One article had a picture of four shoe box lids hanging over a couch. These lids were covered in different colors. You could use spray paint or tissue paper. Or even wrapping paper. If fabric was available, that would look wonderful. For a kids room, you could cover them with comics from the paper. Another idea would be to color them and them put one letter per lid and spell something out on the wall. When finished, these look very similiar to the pricier pulled canvas pieces that are sold in many stores. I hope this makes you look differently at your trash (boxes) now!!!

I want to give credit to the following website for the idea of the above craft.
Shoebox crafts

If you ever want us to research something for you, just leave us a message on any post and we will do it for you. We want to make things easy for you!

Hoping to bring a smile to your face,
Lynne

No comments:

Post a Comment