Sunday, June 7, 2015

get through

wow! a new blog. thank you Lynne, for taking care of business! can everyone submit your email and receive notice of blog posts?

I read a handful of blogs consistently, at night when my brain is turned off and I'm not thinking of what needs to be done. I love new ideas, new perspectives, and plain entertainment. but it seems everyone is looking for answers and solutions to their current frustration...whether it be energy levels, ages of children, the husbands work schedule, awful neighbors, dietary needs, and home organization.

I love solutions. I'm always looking at different ways to organize my home, teach the kids, cook easier meals, make gardening worth it and every thing in between (which, by the way, are probably the most important things)...

emmett and I listened to a Piper podcast the other night. don't be fooled, we don't sit around and listen to Piper podcasts every night. but, this was a good one. if you want to google it, it's 'the Key to Ministry Longevity.' (which, this makes me laugh..I recently met up with my mentor through college. I hadn't actually seen her since my wedding day. so, it had been 11 years. she could not believe emmett and I were still church planting. she said she'd never known anyone to be ministering in a church that long and she was a missionary in South Africa...makes me feel relieved, actually!) anyways, Piper spoke on John Newton's biography and it centered around one line from maybe a memoir or something...I can't remember. Newton said he endeavors to walk through the world as ministering to the sick in hospitals, and he does the best he can and gets through.

John Newton said he just gets through?? it love it. I feel that deeply, and it doesn't need much explanation. but as you ladies are doing the hard things, day in and day out...it's okay that it is ALL hard. it's okay if we barely make spaghetti...again. it's okay if we cringe just thinking about counseling or praying with a particular person that's been on your mind. it's okay if our kids are driving us bananas and we just don't know what to do with them.

but we are doing the right things. we are clinging to the hope that we have been given, and by His grace, we will indeed get through. it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment