Thursday, December 4, 2014

here's.... Jenny & Fam!

hi there! I'm Jenny! I'm so glad to have a chance to encourage each other, near and far, and I think this is the best tool we've got! yay for the world-wide web!

so I'm a thankful wife to Emmett and a silly-scatter-brained-distracted-sometimes-messy-homeschool mama to Natalie, Karis, and Jonathan. I've only been structurally teaching now for six months, so I will probably be gleaning a lot of wisdom and tips from this blog, too! I'm so thankful to be surrounded, literally, with mamas who have gone before me and who are more than willing to share their experiences. 

My Natalie is 7 and a second-grader. she loves creating ANYthing out of pieces of wood, paper clips, buttons, a LOT of tape, styrophone, cardboard....her creativity amazes me. so we have lots of art supplies on hand for her to enjoy whenever! she also will climb anything and everything. I've stopped telling her 'that's too high' because she enjoys tree climbing so much. I'm often called outside to see how much further she's gotten in her favorite tree. she is dedicated, a hard worker once she's gotten it down pat, generally reserved, cautious (except around trees) and loves 1 or 2 good friends.
Karis, Nat, Jonathan 
Karis is 6 and my kindergartener, except she's learning so much right along-aside her sister that I think she's somewhere between kinder and first grade. she loves building with Legos and creating massive car tracks in the living room with Jonathan. but I think her most favorite thing in the whole world is making mud pies, and cakes, and coffees, and most recently paint-colored drinks in the back yard with dirt and water! she is my resilient servant-hearted very active gal who is always ready for a party. she will be best friends with anyone and whenever I lose her in a crowd (kind of often), I can usually find her chatting it up with somebody new. 
Jonathan and Emmett fishing
Jonathan is alllllmost 4 and is spending his days playing with cars, trucks, and airplanes. he does love to learn, though, so I've enjoyed stretching his little brain when i get a chance. he loves fishing with 
Emmett, riding his bike too fast, making mud pies with Karis, and bugging the girls when he needs some extra attention. he is very silly, loves a good joke, and he talks almost non-stop!

our school days mostly revolve around history. the girls have really loved learning about Indians these six months and we just recently started learning about the Revolutionary War. they both love to write stories, and I love to read them! all other subjects aside from math, spin off of what we're learning in history. after spending one year in public school, I am really loving these flexible free days to learn as we go. 

except of course the really hard days, and we all know what those are like!

I love gardening the most, I grew up in the country and it's sort of in my bones. digging in the dirt brings me great joy! I also really love sawing and hammering on some good wood, so I definitely like to get my creative juices flowing over a jig saw and sand paper. a good day is dirt under my nails and sawdust on my jeans!
 you can usually find me walking around the yard with a hammer and a ball of string!

Emmett is a bi-vocational pastor: insurance agent by day, pastor by night and weekends. we're always being stretched, as God loves to do with His people, and I pray we are being faithful and purposeful with the time we have. homeschooling has added a lot more peace in our home, and for that, I am so thankful. 

As a family we love being in the great outdoors! we've been camping with the kids since each one was potty-trained (our only rule, ha!), and I think this is our favorite. there's nowhere to get away from each other, there are no distractions, and the food is fantastic! :) we also love simple bike rides, random picnics, and we excel at creek crossings and crawdad-catching.
  



so that's my little intro! thanks for hanging in there. next time, maybe you can learn something really great from me! oh who am I kidding, it'll probably be my favorite playdoh recipe. get ready!




No comments:

Post a Comment